Create an Affective Toy under 10′ with the EPU Evaluation Kit
A special thanks to Stefania for providing the video that you see here. This video show how to build under 10 minutes an Affective Toy using the Big Hero 6 plush created by Disney and the Raspberry Pi.
What you need:
– 1 Raspberry Pi 3
– 1 Micro SD Card Sandisk 8GB (Sandisk is mandatory)
– 1 Emotion Processing Unit (EPU USB Dongle)
– 1 USB Microphone / Speaker (Jabra is better)
– 1 Power Bank (output 2.1A)
– 1 Micro USB cable
– 1 Qi Wireless Charger pad + receiver (optional)
– 1 Toy or device of your choice (ie Disney Baymax Big Hero 6 plush).
2 – Create The Raspberry Pi Image
Buy and Download (available for free with the evaluation kit) The 8GB Smart Toy Raspberry Pi Image for US9$ and install it onto a Micro SD Card using the Win32 Disk Imager Tool for Windows or the ApplePi-Baker” for Mac.
3 – Create the AffectiveToy HotSpot
Using your IPhone or Android phone create a local Hotspot “AffectiveToy” with the password “Emoshape”.
Now power your intelligent toy it will work from anywhere! Don’t forget to like our Facebook page, we will post videos about The Affective Toy’s functionalities!
4 – License
The AAA license is based on Apache software license 2.0 used by Android.